2010年5月27日 星期四

Journal 4:The Most Unforgettable Event in My Life

     English is my favorite subject. I have taken English as my major for about four years. Owing to my passion for English, I have the greatest pleasure and patience in learning English. By learning English, I hope I can learn more things about English and gain access to more information with regard to foreign culture.

     However, I was not interested in English at all when I was in junior high school. At that time, my English was very poor. I failed in English examination every time. Besides, English was a subject which I was very not interested in. I even didn’t like to study in English class. After the basic competence test for junior high school, everyone was busy in filling in application. My mother hoped that I could opt for Department of Applied Foreign Languages to study because she thought that English was very important for my future. Nevertheless, I was not approved the idea. I was very afraid that I was unable to learn English well as a result of the poor basis. At last, I still opted for Department of Applied Foreign Languages to study after my mother worked hard to persuade me.

     When I entered in Department of Applied Foreign Languages, the journey was never smooth. I ran into a lot of setbacks and difficulties. When I was a freshman in senior high school, my English level was very awful. I even didn’t understand what the teacher talked about. I often felt very discouraged. Sometimes, I even wanted to give up. Due to teacher’s encouragement, I spent plenty of time overcoming this obstacle finally. Moreover, I tried my best to learn it well.

     After going through the experience, I think nothing can keep us from moving ahead as long as we work hard. To sum up, we are bound to encounter many difficulties in our life, but I believe we can make it as long as we stay determined.

1 則留言:

  1. Nina,

    Well, first of all, I must confess that I really like your first three paragraphs! 你好像在說故事,而且描寫的方式非常吸引人,讓人想知道接下來發生什麼事。Well done, Nina.

    而且你這一篇的文法用的真的很好,我實在不覺得有什麼要改的。很難想像你以前的英文不好。

    However啊however, 雖然在第三段最後你講了轉變的原因,但太短了,就好像飆這快車享受迎面來的涼風,卻突然被強迫煞車。如果你可以再多寫個一點點,讓我有心理準備要慢慢減速了,這樣會比較好。

    最後一段的After going through the event, I think nothing can keep us from moving ahead as long as we have faith in ourselves. 我不覺得這整個過程可以用event(事件/事情)來講,而且結論的對自己有信心也沒有在一二三段中提到,這結論好像不怎麼對味,
    想想看可以如何修改。

    回覆刪除